Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So I decided to make my own crib bedding....

So when trying to decide what kind of crib bedding I wanted to get for this baby I decided I wanted to make my own. Especially after I looked on Ebay for zebra ones and they were around $300 and kinda ugly!! How hard could it be right?
Originally I wanted to use light purple minky and zebra flannel, then yesterday I realized I don't have time to order minky and wait for it to get here. I went down to Ben Franklin and picked up some lavender flannel with white pokadots. I had all the bedding still from Bella so I just basically made covers for it. I made a duvet cover for the blanket, it just velcros at the bottom. For the bumper I basically just made a big pillowcase and shoved the bumper in it and sewed shut the edges. I still have a lot to do like make a sheet and bed skirt and finish the mobile, but I thought I would show my progress.



The sides of the bumper pad are opposites so I can flip it around and the zebra will be on the inside. The duvet cover is like that too zebra on one side and purple on the other.



I don't want it to be so matchy matchy you want to puke so I think for the skirt and sheet I'm just going to go with solid black. I thought it would be easier to just buy them until I saw for a black crib skirt and sheet it would run me about $70. Im assuming that thats because its an odd color for baby bedding. Since so far I have paid about $8 for the bedding why start spending now? I did however find a black twin sheet set for $11 so I will probably just get that and make the baby stuff out of that.



When it comes to this mobile I am stumped. I got it for like $0.75 at the thrift store and just cut the toys off and recovered it but now I have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas?

Thanks for listening to me ramble!
Until next time!
-Ally


No comments:

Post a Comment