Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bath Crayon Tutorial!




I've been wanting to make these for a while and I'm glad I finally did! they were so easy!
I read a lot of tutorials and then did my own thing.

What you need:
  • Any bar soap (I used Ivory because that's what I had, but it's so soft I will use something different next time)
  • bowls to separate
  • food coloring
  • hot water
  • cookie sheet or something to set the crayons on

1. Grate all the soap and seperate it into bowls. I used 2 bars of soap and separated it into 8 bowls

2.Put a few drops of food coloring into each bowl. I used 6 drops.

3. Now it's time to add the water. This party was tricky at first. You want to add VERY LITTLE water! I added a very small amount and then used a fork to mix it all together then I used my hands to roll it into a ball and then I flattened it so it was the shape of a baby bell. **I found if you mix it all with a fork first the food coloring didn't get on my hands but when i mixed it all together with my hands they turned colors**

4. Put your cute little crayon on your cookie sheet. I used a muffin tin but next time I will just use a cookie sheet. I put them in the freezer for about 15 min so that they could harden. Make sure you don't push them down into the muffin pan if thatss what you use because then it's hard to get out.

I read on almost every tutorial that you are suppose to let dry for a day or two but we don't like to wait so we are going to use them later today

I liked making these because they didn't have set measurements. I hate measuring =)


I also made this sticky bun ring for breakfast =)

Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I am so going to try this tutorial! My kids go through bath crayons pretty fast, and they're pretty expensive. I'd love to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some more and let them sit and dry out and they work great. I would defiantly recommend NOT using the ivory soap its way to soft. I want to try some with the Johnson's kids soap so that it smells good and is tear free. If you make some let me know how they turn out =)

    p.s. My dog ate 2 of them haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tutorial is worth doing for! :) Thanks for sharing. Go to this page if you want to read some essays too! :)

    ReplyDelete